And before that, there may or may not have been a time when I washed my hair at least four times because I was so distracted with book ideas that I kept forgetting if I'd washed it or not..........
ANYWAY, that brings me to the reason for this post! I have compiled a list of ten things that you, my dear fellow writers, can do when you need a kick of inspiration.
(These fixes cannot be guaranteed.)
- Lie down to go to sleep, get snug under the covers (the warmer, sleepier, and more comfortable you are, the better this will work)
- Hop in the shower, get fully lathered up
- Be running late (for anything, but especially for work)
- Drive somewhere (ideally somewhere far away, on a route with heavy traffic)
- Sit down to watch a movie (preferably with someone who is also excited to watch it)
- Start cooking dinner
- Begin to read a book (make sure it's one that you've been waiting to read for a reeeally long time)
- Start to clean (this will work especially well when it's been so long since you've cleaned that if anyone walked into your house, you'd die from mortification right on the spot)
- Have your significant other try to initiate sexy time
- Be on a deadline for something else (homework, other writing projects, you name it -- the tighter the deadline, the better)
I know, I know. I just changed your life.
Do these happen to you? Have anything to add to the list? Share in the comments!